Dive Conditions Report For Caloundra 15 February 2017 Sunshine Coast Queensland Australia #ScubaDive

Hey people of the interwebs it is Q bringing you your dive conditions midweek report and here at the Caloundra coast guard jetty the Pumicestone Passage is looking quite clean and diveable.

We are on an incoming tide at the moment, so that's a good sign that it might stay this way for the weekend.

Unfortunately the tide times on Saturday and Sunday are not going to be in your favor.

As we overlook Kings Beach the effect of the current moderate Southeaster can be seen on the surface with one or two whitecaps here and there.

There is some visibility, but I estimate that if you went in today visibility would be around about 1 or 2 meters.

By the time the weekend rolls around there will be a wind change.

Saturday we're expecting it to be moderate from the north northeast and Sunday fresh from the north-northeast.

Here on Kings Beach boat ramp, confirmation of that reduced visibility, approximately 1 to 2 metres if you went in today.

There is a chance it could clear up a little bit more for the weekend, as long as the weather stays fine.

We are expecting Saturday to be sunny and possible rain on Sunday.

As we move further around the Caloundra coastline, conditions are looking a lot worse and here at Shelly Beach at the moment there's absolutely zero visibility and of course the surface conditions not conducive to a safe and easy entry and exit.

And I'm not holding out any hope that this might settle down and clear up somewhat by the weekend.

As we take a bird's-eye view down onto The Keyhole dive site, the surface conditions here are as we'd expect them to be with the current wind direction coming from the southeast.

When the surface conditions are encouraging a lot of surfers to be out on the waves, you know it's not good conditions to go scuba-diving.

Here at Moffat Beach the visibility again, I'd estimate if you went in today, around about the 1 to 2 metre mark and of course when the wind change comes through from the north northeast on the weekend then the surface conditions here are only going to get worse.

Your tide times for this weekend, Saturday we have a lo at 7:08am and high at 12:50pm.

Sunday we have a lo at 8:4am and high at 1:54pm.

And we're expecting the swell to be somewhere between 1 and 1.

5 meters.

So in summary, I'm not holding out a lot of hope for a shore dive in the Caloundra area this weekend, with the wind change coming through and the current water conditions, I think your best bet might be Kings Beach boat ramp for both surface conditions and visibility, but even then it's not going to be spectacular.

If you found this dive conditions midweek report with Q helpful, subscribe to the YouTube channel to be notified when a new one comes out and check out the other scuba diving videos on there too.

Also if you leave any comments, as soon as I see those, I'll get back to you.

Thanks for watching and take it easy.

Source: Youtube